John (the fella on the left) is back at the Carrington Bowlo on Sunday Mornings
Get your repertoire on this page
Sundays 10am to 11:50am
After a 6 month COVID-break, Sunday morning Newkestra with John is back. John is a hirsute, patient, funny and talented ukulele teacher and leader.
Mask up if you are singing with the lead singer. You know, you can’t resist singing, so let’s be hygienic about it (at least until there is a vaccine).
Repertoire for Sunday 1 November
(NB on Newkestra on Sunday 15th November)
- Slipping Away
- Runaround Sue
- Spanish Harlem Spanish Harlem Melody
- C scale (easy) and C scale in thirds (much harder)
- Purcell Canon
- And I Love Her NEW The Beatles
- Wake Me Up (Avicii) and riff
- Blue Bayou and riff (please print both)
- Stay With Me (Sam Smith) (on page 7 of a 12 page booklet) Stay With Me bar chords (NEW PRINT)
- If Not For You (Bob Dylan)
- The Middle
Some videos for the newer, more difficult or lesser known songs
VALE Max Merritt
Stay with Me
Wake Me Up
If Not For You
Most Zookestrans and Ukestrans pay through the very affordable ‘Uketen’. Details on that (for Australians) are here.
If you are Australian but don’t yet want to commit to a uketen, you can pay a casual fee of $18 via Direct Deposit.