TOMAREE UKESTRA is back face-to-face. Please have a mask handy, and we are currently meeting on Monday mornings at 10am. The club opens at 11, and please support them as they support us, and buy a drink!
Relevant Videos and Repertoire for
Monday 10am 10 May 2021
Fingal Bay Bowlo
- Things We Said Today
- Ballad of John and Yoko The Beatles NEWISH Ballad of John and Yoko riffs
- Elenore – The Turtles
- Lyin Eyes – Eagles
- Love Songs Ain’t for Us
- Take It to the limit
- Isn’t she Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- You Were Meant For Me
- Hard Day’s Night
- Not Pretty Enough Kasey Chambers
- Up Above My Head
- C Jam Blues 12 Bar blues pattern
- Ghost Riders In The Sky
Probably won’t get to below, but put in reserve for the following week.
- Pass It Along Scott Cook NEW (Picking Patterns For Ukulele – useful for Pass It Along and Can’t Take it with you).
- Budapest – George Ezra – and the riffs for Budapest Revised 2015
- You Can’t Take it with you – Paul Kelly
- Hanalei Moon
- Waimanalo Blues
- Joelene and riffs The Great Dolly Parton
- Scales For Ukulele C And D / Purcell Canon with tab/ Circle of fifths – Woolly Mammoth Dorian Mode for the Ukulele Chromatic Scale – Kauai Rainbow
- Fly Me To The Moon And there is the melody version. Fly Me To The Moon – Portland Ukulele Choir
- Sway Quien sera (sway) SWAY (melody In Em)
You Can’t Take it With You
You can play along to this video. Or go to Stewart Greenhill’s site (he’s from Western Australia) for a more overt playalong strategy.
PASS IT ALONG
COLOURS – BLACK PUMAS
Caldonia (or is it Caledonia?) – Louis Jordan
C-Jam Blues – Oscar Peterson
This is crazy and really distracting, but fabulous. I’ve started the video at the rare bit in the song where the melody (which is very simple), is played. It’s such a great video and performance to watch, but some may find it boring. Notice how he ‘sings’ his improvisational idea. Notice the all white audience!