Monday Evening Ukestra
Now at Carrington Bowling Club with masks
Monday 26 July 5:30-7.30pm
Zoomed live for online people
Hello uke players this is an intermediate class; for those people that want to do more than strum.
We have picking patterns, riffs for various songs and a bit of easy stuff to give you a break in concentration! The music can be found here (just click on the links below and print out or download music before class).
HANDOUTS (roughly in order) PLEASE PRINT
- It’s all over now baby blue
- Take It to the limit and Take It to the limit – riff All New Copies
- Nothing Really Matters Pigram Brothers and riffs
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers NEW
- Don’t Fence Me In Porter and Fletcher NEW sung by Ella
- Ballad of John and Yoko The Beatles Ballad of John and Yoko riffs
- Homecoming Queen Thelma Plum NEW
- Hold Back The River – James Bay Hold Back The River riff
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps and While My Guitar Gently Weeps – riffs
- My Corona – The Knack- sort of NEW
- Up on Melancholy Hill and riffs
- Shelter from the storm and alternative chords NEW
- Chocolate Jesus
- You were meant for me – Jewel
- Picking patterns for ukulele
- Pass It Along Scott Cook
- Sixteen Ton – Ernie Ford NEW
- Ukulele major scales and chords
- Major & Minor Scales (Low G)
- Circle of fifths
- C and D scale
- Chords Up the Neck CAGFD
- Uke chords forms
- Uke Scales C & Low G string
My Girl – Ukestra Recording + TV Show Episode In Link Below
Sixteen Tons – Ernie Ford
Don’t Fence Me In – Cole Porter sung be Ella
Shelter from the Storm
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
It’s All Over Now Baby Blue
Isn’t She Lovely
You Were Meant for Me
Pass It Along
Ballad of John and Yoko
Most Zookestrans and Ukestrans pay through the very affordable ‘Uketen’. Details on that (for Australians) are here.
If you are Australian but don’t yet want to commit to a uketen, you can pay a casual fee of $18 via Direct Deposit.
International Zookestrans are asked to go to this page to organise payment (through Stripe).
You will be required to register for zoom again (Name, email etc).
Then it will ask to open zoom.us and finally give you a link to the meeting.
If you get stuck the meeting ID is 838 8833 1393