Want to know the theory, technique and shortcuts to improvising on the ukulele?
Have you got a bit of knowledge and experience but need to take the next step
Improv 2 starts Tuesdays 13th Oct to 3 Nov (inclusive)
This course follows on from the Bilbies or Potoroos Improv Course. We assume you know your blues and pentatonic scales and we will take you further in improvisation. Each class is 1.5 hours, and it will be offered to only 16 people to keep the group small and increase your learning.
- We review important scales over the course- the major, the pentatonics, and the blues scales.
- We learn minor scales and how to apply them to minor songs.
- We will review different genres of songs including pop, jazz, contemporary, and minor chord songs.
- We learn chord inversions which are important for improvising on jazz songs in particular.
- There will be lots of jamming, and emphasis on rhythm.
- We’ll practice, and review feel. You get a chance to improve your improvising in the privacy of your own home!
- We will provide backing tracks so you can practice at home.
What do you need?
- Have you done the Potoroos or Bilbies Improv course already with us? Or do you have some basic knowledge of improvisation?
- An ukulele. Baritone ukes are ok (if you know what you are doing) but you must have a capo available.
- Knowing the names of your strings and some notes on the fretboard is required. This is not for beginners.
- A printer or a separate ipad or device for viewing your music.
- Headphones are preferable, or good speakers.
- Standard microphone on your device or computer is ok.
- A separate device (like a phone) to record your solos and to repost them.
The cost for four weeks is $120 (direct deposit into our Australian bank account).
7-8:30pm Tuesday nights
13th October to 3 November 2020