LOWER HUNTER COVID UKULELE UPDATE - 27 November 2020
We are back playing together live in our ukestras and choirs, with good hygiene practice and social distancing. Some of our ukestras are Zoomed live. There must be something good about our contact tracing teams as Australia currently is experiencing barely any community transmission of COVID-19. But stay in touch as we continue to play music and learn together, and ride the waves of the coronacoaster.
Ain't life grand?!!
... or ... when COVID kicks us back inside, join our zookestras (Ukulele groups for everyone, regardless of geography)
Each Zookestra features:
- Playing songs together that we know, and that we don't know (yet). Before each session we post a page of downloadable/printable resources and repertoire.
- BreakOut rooms - during the session we break into smaller groups lead by informed, skilled and grounded teachers.
- Mark and Jane (and guests) playing uke, bass and and harmonising from their lounge room.
- You joining in from your home. All participants are muted (unless you have a question, contribution, or (sparingly) a solo - eek!
- Light instruction given prior to playing each song - riffs, theory, strumming and picking patterns. BreakOut groups allow us to give more detailed instruction and (live) feedback.
- Advice provided (where possible) as we can watch your fingers (and happiness) at home.
- Chat time (at half time, and before and after if you choose). Stay in touch with friends. Make new ones.
- The most productive, cost effective, and fun ukulele lessons in the world. ***
*** claim not able to be verified by relevant authorities.