LOWER HUNTER COVID UKULELE UPDATE - 6 July 2020: Thankfully, in Australia, things COVID aren't too bad. In the Newcastle area we haven't had a community transmission for about 2 months. Following NSW government relaxing of restrictions, we are slowly and safely returning to Ukestras, and winding back Zookestras.
We've also found that people enjoy Zooming into Live Ukestras. We call these ZLUs - Zoomed Live Ukestras.
Don't forget! At any time, if we lose our focus, it can all go to pot. So stay safe and uke and socialise responsibly. Read on! Play on! Wash your hands!
... or ... join our zookestras (Ukulele groups for everyone in the time of covid)
Each Zookestra features:
- Playing songs together that we know, and that we don't know (yet). Before each session we post a page of downloadable/printable resources and repertoire.
- BreakOut rooms - during the session we break into smaller groups lead by informed, skilled and grounded teachers.
- Mark and Jane (and guests) playing uke, bass and and harmonising from their lounge room.
- You joining in from your home. All participants are muted (unless you have a question, contribution, or (sparingly) a solo - eek!
- Light instruction given prior to playing each song - riffs, theory, strumming and picking patterns. BreakOut groups allow us to give more detailed instruction and (live) feedback.
- Advice provided (where possible) as we can watch your fingers (and happiness) at home.
- Chat time (at half time, and before and after if you choose). Stay in touch with friends. Make new ones.
- The most productive, cost effective, and fun ukulele lessons in the world. ***
*** claim not able to be verified by relevant authorities.