Newcastle expects every Novocastrian Ukestran to do their duty! This is our festival and we want people to feel welcomed and inspired by our fantastic music. AND it is in our very own fabulous Newcastle City Hall – in the Main Concert Hall no less.
We expect a lot of people to want to play in these performances and, as we did in 2016, we will have two performance troupes (with the possibility of some overlap in personnel). The repertoire for each group will vary slightly too.
Please register your interest in performing with the Ukastle Ukestra at the Newkulele Festival on the below form.
(Registering to perform with Ukestral Voices is directly with Jane at the usual UV sessions).
The registration form is at the bottom of this page.
Rehearsals (for both ukestra performances)
All rehearsals are at the Carrington Bowling Club – generally last from 90 minutes to 2 hours. Our apologies for having only Sunday times.
- Sunday morning 16 September – 11am
- Sunday morning 7 October – Friday group – 10:30am -12 ish. Sunday group 11:15-12:45 ish.
- Sunday morning 14 October – Friday group – 10:30am -12 ish. Sunday group 11:15-12:45 ish.
There will be a flat $15 performance registration fee which covers all three rehearsals. The $15 fee is regardless of whether you attend one or all four, (and obviously we would like the latter, but it is not obligatory). Please pay directly to Jane or Mark.
The Friday night group will play the following songs (not in this order).
- People Get Ready / Waiting on the World to Change / Days Like This (Kiri H, Jack B and Graham T)
- Harvest Moon (Martin B)
- Burn Your Name (Adam with Caroline on harmonies)
- Linger (Kate L)
- Love Yourself (Cassia L)
- The First Time ever I saw your face (Caroline T)
- encore maybe? Dancing in the Dark (Phil)
The Sunday morning ukestra will play the following songs (not in order).
- People Get Ready / Waiting on the World to Change / Days Like This (Dave T, Dini P and Carol Mc)
- Burn Your Name (Mel W)
- Blue Yodel (Kia P)
- Linger (Alice M)
- The First Time (ever I saw your face) (Caroline T)
- Dancing in the Dark (Phil)
Rehearsals for Ukestral Voices
All rehearsals are at the Adamstown Uniting Church Hall. Please register with Jane at choir your interest in performing (no need to fill in the form).
- Saturday 6 Oct 3.45pm till 5.15pm Barnes Room (note change of time)
- Saturday 13th Oct 3.45pm till 5.15pm The Dungeon (note change of time)
There will be a flat $15 performance registration fee which covers both rehearsals. Please pay directly to Jane on the day. This covers hall hire and staff (as we will have John Wallace and Ruth McCrae).
Buy your Newkulele Concert and Workshop Tickets now
Tickets for the festival workshops and concerts went on sale on 1 August. Little birdies tell us that they are selling fast! Particularly the workshops. The concerts are both spectacularly diverse, with acts rarely seen in Australia. Best you get your tix soon!
Make sure you like Newkulele on Facebook too.
Register! Your ukulele city needs you!