The festival is on the weekend of 17-21 March 2021 and this will be the first performance of the Ukestra since the Blue Mountains Ukulele Festival in February 2020.
We may have to wear masks – it remains to be seen.
The 30 minute performance will be at 5pm on Sunday 21st March.
We will have four rehearsals. Rehearsal fee is $20 (whether you do 2 or all rehearsals).
- First Rehearsal – Sunday 14 February 12:30-2pm – Carrington Bowling Club
- Second Rehearsal – Thursday 25 February – 5-6:45pm Carrington Bowling Club
- Third Rehearsal – Friday 5 March – 5:45pm at The Foreshore (Railway Sheds)
- Final Rehearsal – Sunday 14 March – 12:30pm Carrington Bowling Club.
List of registered players is at the end of this page.
Below you will find the lyric/chord sheets and riff sheets for the songs, as well as an example video (not necessarily in the right key).
1. ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL
2. TO LOVE SOMEBODY
3. GOLD ON THE CEILING THE BLACK KEYS
6. Lonely Boy
7. Not Pretty Enough
Not Pretty Enough Kasey Chambers
8. Midnight Train to Georgia
List of registered ukestrans
Some people haven’t formally registered, but perhaps they just needed a prompt. They are generally indicated with a question mark. If someone you know is going, but their name isn’t on this list, please let them and us know.
Current as at 2 March 2021.
Cheryl Whiting (Chez)
Jules Pavlou Kirri
Lisa Moore + bump
Stephen J Maytom
Toomas (Tom) Nelson