We need your support to keep offering face-to-face ukestras, for we all need to stay safe and respectful of those who feel vulnerable yet who still wish to be learning and socialising face-to-face.
Seven local government areas are in lockdown in Sydney: City of Sydney, Waverley, Randwick, Canada Bay, Inner West, Bayside, and Woollahra. Do not come to ukestra or choir if you have been to these LGAs recently (last two weeks).
The list of close and casual contact locations include businesses in Bondi, Bondi Junction, Castle Hill, Drummoyne, Hurstville, Merrylands, Newtown, North Ryde, Northmead, Leichardt, Parramatta, Potts Point, Redfern, Vaucluse, West Pennant Hills, Inner Sydney, Tempe, and Zetland. There is also Shellharbour, Fairy Meadow, Glen Haven down south.
The dates of exposure are from Thursday 3rd June to Friday 18th June. So please if you have been in these suburbs/towns, check out the details on the link below. Please do not come to ukestra if you have been to any one of these close or casual contact sites in the affected time period.
See NSW Health website for more details.
Victoria has some cases of Covid from mid May so please go to this list of exposure sites if you have recently been to Victoria.
There are also a few cases in Queensland so if you have been there recently please check the affected locations on the Qld Health website.
You need to download the NSW Service app to enter the Club (or the Club has to sign you in on their tablet).
THE SHORT VERSION OF OUR COVID CONDITIONS
- Agree to these conditions
- Feel sick? Don’t come.
- Hung out in any corona hotspots lately? Hmmmm….. don’t come to class.
- Abide by entry requirements and club rules
- Bring your own mic (if you have one) to sing lead. We have some spares.
- Bring the music published for the session you are attending.
THE LONG VERSION (PLEASE READ ANYHOW)
- Please don’t come if you are sick (even a sniffle) or have been in contact with a COVID-19 infected person. Complying with social distancing protocols for us means no hugging, handshaking, kissing etc. No infections on our watch please (of even the flu or the common cold!).
- If you have been in contact with someone from a current hotspot or have recently returned from there, please avoid coming to uke until two weeks after that contact.
- Please comply with the club’s hygiene and social protocols. You need to download the Service NSW app for contact tracing in the extremely unlikely event that a local outbreak occurs; hand sanitisers are freely available – use them liberally; abide by social distancing and hygiene procedures at all times in the club.
- If it would make you feel more comfortable, we recommend you bring a cloth or surgical mask. They reduce the risk to others around you (singing is a very contagious activity, it creates aerosols). Homemade masks or scarves (like the gangsters of old) are fine. Remember, our perspective is to protect others. The ABC has published this report on choirs and aerosols. You need to be aware of the risks, and the means by which we can all reduce the risks of spreading infection.
- If you are singing lead on microphone it would help if you bring your own microphone. We have a limited number of spares.
- It would be good if you can bring your own prints outs (or device for digital versions) of the music. Each week we will put the repertoire for the coming sessions on the relevant repertoire pages. This should occur at least 24 hours prior to the session.
All of these conditions are to help us make it work – for you, and for us. We need to remain vigilant; we are still experiencing a pandemic, so we cannot get too relaxed. If all of our efforts are successful we can continue on a weekly basis.