We reflect on:
- Why we do this. Because …
- … of our commitment to getting people to play music together
- … we are committed to enriching our community
- … of all the musical instruments, the ukulele meets these goals best.
- What makes a good community leader. Someone who …
- … looks after their community
- … looks after themselves
- … takes musical responsibility.
- What qualities make a good teacher.
- Care and observation
- Taking seriously the act of curation and being well resourced for that
- Being flexible and ready for anything
- Maintaining your creative mojo.
- The Essentials of the Ukestra Method
- How we plan our musical sessions over the short and long term
- How to ukestrate a song including a free sample
- Our beginners workshop program
- How we help people along the path from beginner to performer
- How to keep a sustainable community of players.
After you’ve read The Ukestration Manual you may want to think about joining our mentoring program.
Need more? Have a look at a sample of the book – all of the whole Introduction and the Front Matter (includes Foreword by James Hill and the Contents – [sounds like his new band name!]) (it’ll cost you $0 and less than a megabyte).
File size of The Ukestration Manual is 13MB.